Warning: This is bound to be the worst food/recipe blog you’ve ever read. I don’t have any fancy pictures. All I have is an iPhone picture that doesn’t even do these turkey burgers justice. Honestly, I made this recipe up as I went, so I had no idea how it would taste. There were hot dogs in the fridge if this was a bust.
BUT IT WASN’T.
HELLO. THEY WERE GOOD.
YOU HEAR THAT, HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS? MEGAN MADE SOMETHING THAT WAS GOOD. I DIDN’T EVEN BURN ANYTHING.
So, back to the turkey burgers. They were delicious and wonderful. Plus, I added cheese. It made it unhealthy, but I worked out that day so I didn’t really care (probably not the right attitude to have).
[makes 4 burgers]
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of Mrs. Dash
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used mild cheddar—use whatever you like)
- 4 slices of cheese
- Mustard (if you’re weird and like mustard)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Combine all your ingredients in a big bowl. Form patties with the turkey concoction.
- Drop the patty on the skillet. I did two at a time. Cook for a few minutes at medium-high temperature, flip, cook, flip…you get the gist.
- When the burgers are almost finished, place a slice of cheese on top and let melt. Then cook the next two!
Seriously. It’s that easy.
Stephen even ate them.