I’m not even going to pretend like this is healthy. Just go ahead and get that out of your head now. At least once a month, every month, all a girl wants to do is eat chips and cheese dip. And good gracious, that’s what I did. And let me tell you, I ate a lot of cheese dip Wednesday night when I made this.
The Velveeta cheese + Rotel is a pretty popular dish. But I didn’t have any Rotel on Wednesday night, and tacos were already on the menu, so I made do with what I had in my fridge and pantry.
Creamy, Cheesy Queso Sauce
Makes: More than you need (but all that you want)
- 16-ounce block Velveeta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Thick & Chunky Salsa (I used medium)
- 1/4 cup shredded, four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 pinch taco seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 cup ground beef (optional)
Note: Like I said, I was already making tacos on Wednesday night. If tacos are on your menu too, set aside a 1/4 cup of your ground beef and save a pinch of the taco seasoning.
1. Cut Velveeta cheese and cream cheese into small, square pieces. (This helps the cheese melt quicker.)
2. Heat saucepan over medium-low heat. Pour 1/3 cup Thick & Chunky Salsa in pan.
3. Add in chunks of Velveeta and cream cheese and stir slowly.
4. Once cheese starts to melt together, turn the heat down to low (I even let mine simmer for a little bit).
5. Mix in shredded Mexican blend cheese.
6. If you are using the beef and taco seasoning, go ahead and add that in now. Stir well.
7. Serve hot with tortilla chips. And enjoy the ooey, gooey goodness that is cheese dip.
To download a .pdf copy of this recipe, click here.
- Foodie Friday: Cast Iron Nacho Supreme (meganhamby.wordpress.com)