Confession: I have no idea where the original recipe for this meal came from. Mom asked me if it came from Pinterest, and yes, it probably did. But here’s the thing—I usually type up recipes and save them to Dropbox, so I can use my iPad when cooking. I usually include a link in the document to the original recipe, but for some reason, I didn’t on this one. So, all that to say, if the original creator of this recipe ever comes across this blog post … please don’t kill me. I love you and your pasta goodness. You are a goddess in the world of Italian dishes.
Anyways, moving on. You need to make this. I love spaghetti and I love lasagna. This is a combination of the two (or as my friend Heather said, a spaghetti-lasagna love child). I was skeptical at first. The recipe calls for cottage cheese and sour cream. Now, I don’t have a problem with sour cream (but Stephen hates it). Cottage cheese on the other hand … it grossed me out just buying it at the store. But I’m happy to say, it’s all a happy blend of cheesy deliciousness once cooked. You will love it. You can thank me for this recipe by sending me to Hawaii.
You can download a .pdf of the recipe at this link. But I’ll include it here as well!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 package spaghetti noodles
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil your spaghetti noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Combine your cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese in a separate bowl.
- Brown your ground beef and drain. Combine the ground beef with spaghetti sauce and let simmer.
- To assemble: Place a few slices of butter in an 8×11-inch pan, and then pour half of the spaghetti noodles on top.
- Take the cream cheese mixture and pour on top of the noodles. Spread well over the spaghetti noodles.
- Pour the rest of the noodles on top of the cream cheese mixture. Place a few more slices of butter on top of the noodles.
- Pour the meat sauce on top of the noodles.
- Put casserole dish in oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, pour the desired amount of cheese on top and return to oven for 5 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
I hope you enjoy it!